Monday 9 October 2017

'Forever' by Lisa Griffith

Hello 13 arts friends!
Have you seen yesterday's post about the 'Inktober' challenge here at 13arts
I saw this theme in our Design Team group and immediately knew I wanted
to create something dark, fantastical and a bit macabre...like 
Olga, I have a little taste for the strange and haunted too....

'Forever'


I started with a paper from the 'Aria' collection by Aida called 'Lyrics' and from there added
lots of mediums, paints and inks to my background. On top of that some different laces,
some feathers, and a 13 arts chipboard painted in Pearl Pigment 'Luster Black'.

I was just amazed at all the talented designers and guests work for this challenge, 
so wickedly inspiring!

Here are a few close ups:



I really love working with these Pearl Pigment powders, what a beautiful shine!
They really look metallic and give a cool aged look when painted on.


“When down her weedy trophies and herself
Fell in the weeping brook. Her clothes spread wide; 
And, mermaid-like, awhile they bore her up: 
Which time she chanted snatches of old tunes; 
As one incapable of her own distress, 
Or like a creature native and indued
Unto that element: but long it could not be
Till that her garments, heavy with their drink, 
Pull’d the poor wretch from her melodious lay
To muddy death. 

(Ophelia)” 
― William ShakespeareHamlet


Here is a list of all the 13arts products I used:

'Aria Story' paper 'Lyrics'
White Modeling Paste
White Gesso
Stencil 'Postcard'
Stencil 'Scales'
Water Ink 'Violet'
Ayeeda Paint 'Green'
Natural Mica Flakes 'Silver'
Ayeeda Paint Silver Glitter
Pearl Mist 'Graphite'
Silver Microspheres
Black Star Glitter
Pearl Pigment 'Warm Gold'
Pearl Pigment 'Luster Black'


 I hope you join us!
Lisa xo


1 comment: